ABBEY LANE URC CHILDREN AND FAMILY WORKER
We have a core group of children and families with an accompanying programme of activities. Activities include junior church on Sunday mornings, junior church led services, intergenerational services, and a scout group with over 100 children and young people. We are seeking a Children and Families worker to help us consolidate and develop our children and families work, as well as working jointly with other churches across the town. We are particularly keen to reach families in the town who currently do not engage with any church.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and deliver, along with members of the congregation, regular children and young people’s activities, such as all age talks during a Sunday service, junior church and music.
- In conjunction with the church safeguarding officer, ensure that the Safeguarding Policy and best practice is implemented and adhered to within all children and youth work
- Provide pastoral care for children and young people within the congregation though building trusted and safe relationships
- Scope and plan new activities to engage children and young people in the church and wider community (e.g. messy church, movie nights)
- Create opportunities for intergenerational fellowship between children, young people and older members of the congregation
- Where possible, support parents with faith-based family activities in their home environment
- Work with external organisations associated with the church, such as Scouts
- Make links with community organisations and other churches within Saffron Walden
- Be an active member of the congregation
We will work with the successful candidate to tailor a personalised work programme and support package depending on their experience, skills and interests.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure.
For informal enquiries, please contact John Ford.